Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Love Cloth Napkins.


As continued evidence of my gushing love for cloth napkins, I present this photo. This is 70 cloth napkins made from pink ribbon fabric for my niece's bridal shower. While I am sure there will be other napkins there, I like the idea of giving everyone a little something to take home and try out. They can be used in the kitchen or kept in one's purse for a hankie or prayer cloth. We'll bring a cloth bag for collecting any extras for the guest of honor to take home.

I gang cut the fabric by folding to the size I wanted then cutting through many layers at once. The edges are a simple four thread serge, two regular, two wooly nylon. Took just an afternoon to do them all and I am pleased with the result. Maybe they'll bring about some converts to the paperless kitchen, don't you hope so too?

2 comments:

  1. I too am a huge fan of cloth napkins. What a great idea for a take-home/favor idea, and super simple to make. I have a bunch of fabric lying around that would be perfect for something like this.

    PS-- thanks for visiting my blog; I look forward to your planter post!

    --Cara @ repurposeful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. :) Check my blog this Wednesday for pics of the upside-down planters.

    ReplyDelete