Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Work is a Privilege.

I am so grateful to be able to work. I am also grateful to have been blessed to spend many years at home raising children. But I also spent a year and a half housebound due to illness. I'm told that many aspects of my personality changed after that. How could they not? With hours and hours and hours spent in a recliner with nothing to do but think, what more is there to do but to pray and to examine what is truly important in life?

I am so grateful to the RD/CDE who figured out what was wrong with me and helped me 'cure' it. I am grateful that my husband has always been able to provide for all of us; that his medical benefits allowed unlimited visits to the RD/CDE for a person with my medical status.

It looked like I would never be able to hold a full time job outside the home. I have always looked at work as a privilege. Now I see not only the ability to work as a blessing but also the fact that we all have jobs.

Thank you, Lord, for providing health, skills, ability and the availability of transportation for my family and for blessing us all with jobs when so many others are struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment