Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Waste Not, Want Not

This was a child's hat I made a couple years back. I hated the way it turned out and couldn't send something I hated to my charity, now could I? I kept trying to talk myself into believing it wasn't that bad, but I knew it was so it just sat here until yesterday when I snipped the top open and began to unravel the yarn as you can see in this first photo.




It took just a little while to make these three hats from the reclaimed yarn. I found myself with some extra left over so I used it for a colorful brim on a solid pink hat. I'm excited about these and very glad to have taken something that was sitting here uselessly and put it to work for Online Angels and the folks in need that OA sends things to.

















Have you ever used reclaimed yarn? What did you do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment