Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Kale Salad

This is a version of Kale Salad made by my coworker's daughter.  Hers is out of this world; I know it is one of those cases of the secret ingredient being love because I add the same things and although mine is yummy, hers is heavenly.  Thank you for sharing with me, Niya!
The particular batch pictured here was made with Lacinato kale.  Normally I use curly kale, but this week Lacinato was available at my CSA.  It was nice to have that variation on a salad I make every week to bring to work for lunch.

One bunch freshly washed kale, chopped
Just enough olive oil to cause the seasonings to cling to the leaves
Sea salt,  freshly ground pepper, dried minced onion to taste
A clove or two of minced garlic
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (I really like the taste of nutritional yeast so I tend to go a little heavy on it)

Toss in a large bowl, cover with a cloth and allow flavors to blend, mixing now and then as you walk by it when you go in the kitchen.  Store what isn't consumed at the first meal in a glass jar in the fridge and enjoy a tasty lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment