Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Quinoa Loaf

I was in the mood for some kind of loaf yesterday.  I thought I could come up with something interesting on The Magical Loaf Studio but I didn't have enough tofu to make what the Studio came up with.  Regardless, The Magical Loaf Studio is a fantastic tool.

I took inspiration from this recipe for a Quinoa Loaf and was happy with my result with only one exception - it doesn't stay together as well as I'd like it to.  I think I should have added more lentils or maybe a Tbsp of egg replacer or a bit of mashed tofu.  What do you think?




It goes without saying that these ingredients are as organic and local as possible.

2 cups quinoa, cooked in veg broth if you  have it on hand
1 cup lentils, mashed
1 cup garbanzo beans
2 heaping tablespoons horseradish
chopped fresh parsley in an amount to your liking
a couple of squirts of ketchup
1 Purplette onion, chopped fine
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
3 Tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos

I baked this in my highly adored Lodge cast iron loaf pan at 375 for 30 minutes.  It is DELICIOUS.  My only disappointment is that it didn't bind together to the point that I could slice it and put it in the toaster oven for a snack.  I was hoping for a loaf that was bound more tightly whereas this is fluffy and loose.  And oh, so delicious. 

1 comment: