Thursday, February 5, 2009

Staying Warm in a Cold World

My hands, wrists and feet are always cold. Yes, this is a medical condition.

We keep the house warm enough to be comfortable, but even with the heat set in the mid to high 60's during the day, I still need to supplement my body heat. I wear fingerless gloves inside, along with at least two pairs of socks, preferably a thin pair next to my feet and a thick wool or fleece pair over them. I love wristwarmers and will do a photo blog shortly showing frugal DIY wristwarmers. I find that keeping moisturized helps. I can't sing the praises of Frost Fish Cove's moisturizers enough. The whipped shea I favor goes on thick but is quickly absorbed and smells wonderful. I'm constantly complimented on how good I smell.

Outdoors I swap my fingerless gloves for full gloves or mittens and pile on the layers everywhere else. I do own a coat, a recent non-frugal purchase to replace my last one which has been too big for me, sitting unused in the closet for at least six years. The gorgeous new coat is worn mostly for dress occasions. I find layers much warmer and more convenient for everyday.

How do you keep warm? I hope you'll share some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment