Friday, February 6, 2009

Woot! Backpack joy.

I have been wanting a lightweight black backpack for years. Never found something I liked or that I thought suited my needs. Tuesday I had an assignment at work that made getting one of these pretty much a 'do it now at whatever the cost' situation. I hate those. I also hate shopping, most especially going to the mall, but I had to bite the bullet and do it.

I got a great little navy skirt - size 14 and it is nice and roomy - at H&M where I often find good buys on fun accessories in their kid departments. The skirt was $10 and I'll get more than my $10 worth out of it, but I had no luck snagging a backpack there.

Too many stores to even count later, I finally bit the bullet and accepted that I would have to get what I needed at Eastern Mountain Sports, even though it would be a pricey prospect. I had it narrowed between two - one $49, the other $65, when I decided to wander the store for a new pair of wool socks while I made my decision.

Do you ever have one of those moments when you happen upon something and you swear you can hear the angels singing?

This was mine.

Yes, there aren't as many pockets as I had hoped for, but it is about as light as you can get and not only does it list for $25, but it was on clearance, one of my favorite words in the whole world, for $5.98. (Insert Dance of Joy here)

It worked perfectly for what I needed and may very well become my everyday backpack from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment