Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday: Eye Mask

Due to the hours I work, I find a sleep mask absolutely essential to getting all the rest I need. We have lots of them around the house as everyone has odd schedules here. This one was a freebie. The elastic slipped out of the seam in one spot, leaving me with only one band of elastic to keep it in place and a long, stringy tail to get tangled in my hair.



Why bother to repair a freebie when I have others? Because #1 it was free and #2 there is no reason for it to be in the landfill when a few hand stitches will make it good as new. Knowing hand sewing isn't easy for me (it makes my wrists hurt) you can see how important I think it is to keep your things in good repair and avoid adding to all the discarded trash on our planet.




Nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment