Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Quinoa Pudding

What do you do with tons of leftover Quinoa?  Well, I'm sure lots of things and I'm hoping you'll leave me some quinoa ideas in the comments. 

I found the Quinoa Pudding recipe here.  Of course I played with it a little, here is what went into mine:

1 cup TJ's turbinado sugar
3 Tbsp vegan margarine
Egg replacer to equal 4 eggs
1 cup almond milk
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup raisins
2 handfuls walnut meats, broken up small by hand over the mixing bowl
Dusting of nutmeg or pie spice for top if desired


Coat baking dish with non-stick spray, mix ingredients, pour into pan, dust top with spice, bake at 350F for 40 minutes. 

Here is the result, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment