Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tasty Thursday: Whispering Canyon Cornbread (GF/Vegan version)

Just back from the Happiest Place on Earth, what better time is there to try some Disney recipes, right? Although Whispering Canyon wasn't a stop we made this time, their cornbread sure looked good when I read the recipe at Cooking with Mickey.  Naturally, I subbed egg replacer for egg, almond milk for dairy milk and Bob's Red Mill GF blend for flour.  I used organic sugar and also added a little garlic and onion flake for a bit of a kick of flavor.  Baked it all in cast iron.  The batter filled my Lodge cornbread pan, and 6" and 8" cast iron frying pans.



I decided mine needed to be smothered in sweet potato greens, which were featured at my CSA this week.  I'd never had them before, but boy were they yummy!  I love how we have had the opportunity to try so many greens we would never have otherwise discovered through this wonderful, organic source.  Thank you, farmer Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment