Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday: New Life For a Sweater



Picked up this name brand sweater thrifting. It was partially felted by the previous owner. I put it through the wash to see what the result would be. It came out the perfect size for my daughter, but the bottom edge and sleeve edges were sort of lettuced and the neckline was too tight to go over a head.



Solution? Break out the serger and fully lettuce them. I couldn't decide whether to use matching or contrasting thread. When I uncovered the machine I found it already threaded with this pretty blue and thought the finished result would be nice with jeans, so I went with it.



The serging cut off the tight portion of the neck and prettied up the other edges. What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. looks good to me...and right in fashion. does your daughter like it?

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out it wasn't her thing. :( So it is back in the refashion bucket. I think I know what I'm going to do with it, just haven't had a chance yet.

    ReplyDelete