Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday: Sun Tea

This might sound silly to some, but I always thought that sun tea had to be made in a huge jar.  My Mom never made it, my parents were coffee drinkers, so I only knew what I saw in recipes and those were for gallon jars or larger.

I've tried making it that way a few times but I couldn't seem to get the flavor right.  No matter what I did to try and tweak it to my liking it just never worked and the tea ended up being discarded.

Does anyone have any uses for leftover tea?  I wonder if it is good for watering the garden or something like that.  Maybe I could have done something with those failed batches.
Today I saw some interesting tea while I was picking up some groceries (have I mentioned how excited I am that our CSA farm opens this week?) I spotted some tea I thought would taste yummy as sun tea.  It is a warm day and I thought what the heck, let me try again.

This time I took a different approach.  Who says sun tea must be made by the gallon with eight tea bags?  I put my single Green Tea with Red Antioxidants in a quart Ball jar.  It is delicious!  And nothing went to waste.  Yay, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment